Friday, November 9, 2012

Let Them Have Cake!

Yesterday I put together some 4 x 4 birthday cards. I didn't feel like coloring anything. Sometimes I just want to be creative with out the time it takes to color an image, don't you? I used some printed paper to make layers of cake and then embellished with pearls or rhinestones. Voila, a quick and easy card in about 20 minutes.

 
 A girly pink, a little more masculine mint and brown, and an in between blue.

Here are some closeups of each



 
 For the blue one, I added a flower I made out of pop tabs and then placed a rose in the center. Something different and I recycled!

The inside of each looks about the same so I only took the one picture. Imagine the appropriate colors with the little edging top for each.

 
Supplies:
 
Pink Papers by Studio 18
Mint Papers by Paula Deen LLC
Blue Papers Treasures by Shabby Chic
White CS for cake stands by DCWV
CS by Recollections
Pearls by Michael's
Rhinestones from Hobby Lobby
Button and Ribbon from my stash
Pop Tabs from Red Rain (LOL I'm an energy drink junkie)
 
So what do you think of my make it quick project? If you read all the way to the bottom of the post, here's a treat for you! An unannounced small freebie. My Bubbly Happy Birthday that's on the tags. Enjoy!
 
Love ya,
~Deb~


14 comments:

  1. Great cards, I love the idea of the pop tab flower - very creative. Thanks for the lovely, bubbly freebie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacq, the pop tab flower was easy. I used a round punch and cut a piece out of a pop can for the base and then glued the first 4 tabs on, when that dried I added 4 more on top and then glued the rose in the center.

      Delete
  2. Love your cards, really neat, esp. the pop tab flower... Thanks for sharing..


    Silverbutterfly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the compliment! If you look at the comment above, I explained how I made it. Quick and easy! Glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  3. Very creative. What did you use to make the cake stands? They don't look cut out by hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking a look at my cards! Actually, I printed out a picture of a cake stand and then traced it on the paper I wanted to use and hand cut it. I know the cricut probably has something I could use but I wanted this to be a quick project so this was a simpler way.

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of the pearls and the stones on the cake. That will make them keep coming back to look at it because it is such an adorable idea. I love the Happy Birthday Script. It is perfect and different , perfect with these cards but perfect on any b.d. card. Thank you bunches hugs, Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy, so glad to have youa s follower! You always leave the sweetest comments.

      Delete
  5. Your cards are sweet - great ideas for decorating the cake!
    Thanks for the freebie it looks so cheery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie! Glad to have you visit and hope you'll come back for more!

      Delete
  6. I love anything that sparkles. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Three adorable cards. All are equally beautiful and i love your choice of pattern paper and embellishment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me your words of encouragement. Please do not leave negative comments, this is a happy place!